PR NewswireNORTH BERGEN, N.J.
NORTH BERGEN, N.J., June 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — With winter a thing of the past and beach season upon us, our skin will be exposed to the sun and summer elements more than in recent months. To take good care of your skin, check out these hot products from The Vitamin Shoppe!
- Exfoliate: This past winter was harsh on all of us, especially on our skin, that's why you'll want to exfoliate that layer of dry and dull skin. If your skin is feeling dry, go for a body scrub. For every day use, try a body polish which will be gentler on your skin and keep you looking and feeling smooth and radiant. Almond, Honey, Shea, or Olive Scrubs are all great for your skin, as well as fruit acids which help to gently brighten skin for a healthy glow. A great product to try is 100% Pure Cosmetics Honey Almond Body Scrub.
- Cleanse: Cleaning your skin is essential to your health as it washes away the dirt and sweat that can build up during the day. Try Vitamin C W/Coq10 Facial Cleanser from Beauty Without Cruelty for that gentle and refreshing clean feeling.
- Moisturize: Hydrating your skin is key to keeping it looking healthy and vibrant. A liquid lotion can be applied in the morning and evening. Try Kiss My Face Everyday Spf 15 Moisturizer for healthy skin and protection from the sun's harmful rays. If your skin is looking especially dry, you'll want to go for a thicker cream such as the 100% Pure Cosmetics Honey Almond Body Cream. Also, try to eat plenty of organic fruits and vegetables and drink water to keep your body hydrated.
- Sunscreen: Dermatologists recommend using an SPF 30 for your face and neck such as Kiss My Face Face Factor Spf 30 For Face and Neck. A good choice for a sunscreen is one with broad spectrum protection, blocking both UVA and UVB rays. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, sunscreen should be generously applied 15-30 minutes prior to sun exposure and reapplied every 2 hours. A water resistant block is best if you'll be active or enjoying the water. It is recommended reapplying after 40 minutes of water related activity. Also, be sure to lather on a lip balm with Spf 15 or higher as your lips are constantly exposed to the sun. Try using the Vanilla Honey Spf 15 Lip Balm by Kiss My Face to keep your lips soft and safe from the sun.
- After Sun Care: You will want to soothe your skin once you are out of the sun. Look for products containing Aloe Vera, Cocoa, Shea or Mango Butters. Robert Bishop, Natural Bath and Beauty Expert for The Vitamin Shoppe, suggests using Millcreek's 99% Aloe Vera Gel. If you've achieved that golden tan you wanted then go for a soothing and ultra moisturizing body wash to gently cleanse your skin such as One With Nature's Shea Body Wash.
By using the best products, summer should be a breeze for your skin!
About Vitamin Shoppe, Inc. (NYSE: VSI)
Vitamin Shoppe is a leading specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products based in North Bergen, New Jersey. The company sells vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, herbs, sports nutrition formulas, homeopathic remedies, green living products, and health, natural bath, and beauty aids to customers located primarily in the United States. The company carries national brand products as well as exclusive products under the Vitamin Shoppe, BodyTech, MD Select, and VS Basics proprietary brands. The Vitamin Shoppe conducts business through more than 500 company-owned retail stores, national mail order catalogs, and websites, www.VitaminShoppe.com, and www.EcoShoppe.com and has a social community site at www.VSconnect.com.
SOURCE Vitamin Shoppe, Inc.